Frequently Asked Questions
1. So, what is a board game café exactly?
2. What do I get for my $5?
3. What if I just want a takeaway coffee?
Sure thing! We have great coffee from the fine folk at Good Fortune and talented baristas. You don’t pay a game pass to grab a coffee. But beware, it’s very hard to resist those lovely games… We give you a chunky discount if you bring your own takeaway cup, as we’re all about reducing waste. We also sell Keep Cups.
4. What do the stickers mean?
Green stickers = fairly quick to learn and a Game Guru could help you if you’re stuck and we’re not too busy.
Yellow stickers = a bit more complicated. Might take 10-15 minutes to learn and set up.
Red stickers = read the rule book! Or check out Rodney Smith’s youtube channel ‘Watch It Played’
5. I loved that game! Can I buy a copy?
6. What’s the difference between board games and tabletop games?
7. I know Scrabble and Monopoly, but I’d like to branch out. Can you help me?
8. Can I bring my children?
9. What if I spill something on a game?
10. Can I bring my own games in?
It may be possible, but it needs to be arranged in advance. Contact us to discuss it!
11. We're celebrating a birthday. Can I bring in my own cake?
Sure, and we’ll happily store it in the chiller for you until you need it. We charge a $1 per person ‘cake-age’ fee if you BYO cake.